The Oklahoma Association for the Education of Young Children’s State Legislative priorities include:
- Support adequate funding to provide Oklahoma’s young children with a safe and high-quality early childhood education that includes a developmentally appropriate curriculum tied to State Standards and authentic assessment measures.
- In order to assure Oklahoma’s families of high-quality early care and education programs, funding cannot be continually diminished.
- Support Early Childhood Professionals with a career ladder, leading to a degreed lead teacher in each classroom with adequate compensation.
- A system needs to be in place that will attract and retain high-quality educators at the critical stage of early brain development to enable future school success.
- Support local initiatives that promote high quality in early childhood programs benefiting Oklahoma’s children.
- Local quality initiatives build a stronger partnership to better meet the needs of and make decisions for Oklahoma’s families and providers.