Each year OKAEYC recognizes individuals and early childhood programs that have made a significant difference in the lives of children ages birth through third grade in the state of Oklahoma through our annual Service Awards. The awards are divided into four categories to acknowledge all spheres of influence in early care and education; the award categories can be reviewed here. Potential recipients are nominated by others, and winners are selected by the OKAEYC awards committee. Winners in all categories are recognized at the Annual Conference in the fall.
OKAEYC is proud to support NAEYC Accreditation and has developed a scholarship to assist with the fees associated with accreditation.
1. Award Description The Accreditation Scholarship is given to programs that have demonstrated an ability or willingness to meet the standards associated with NAEYC Accreditation. This scholarship is intended to help deserving programs have the opportunity to pursue or maintain Accreditation by receiving financial assistance. This award is given to programs who have already enrolled in the self-study process and are actively engaged in the process. The scholarship money may be applied to your application/self-assessment, candidacy/site visit or annual renewal fees.
2. Award Distribution In addition to receiving a financial award to help defray the cost of NAEYC Accreditation fees, an Accreditation Specialist will work with the program to answer questions that may arise concerning NAEYC Accreditation. The number of awards provided depends on available annual funding. Applications are reviewed by the Accreditation Scholarship committee and are presented to OKAEYC Board for final approval. Applications will be reviewed three times a year corresponding with the General Submission dates set forth by NAEYC. Notification will be sent at least 60 days prior to the next submission date to allow funds to be available to the recipient before the due date.
3. Nominations Those submitting an application should be able to: Demonstrate a knowledge of the NAEYC Accreditation Process, List SMART(Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely) goals for meeting the NAEYC Standards , and Have a working knowledge of the NAEYC Code of Ethics.
4. Requirements Those wishing to apply must: Be an OKAEYC member and be in good standing with state licensing and have a minimum of a two star status
5. Restrictions Programs may only apply for one scholarship per year. For example, if you are applying for scholarship for Application you may not also apply for a scholarship for Candidacy within that same year.
6. Recognition Recipients will be recognized in our newsletter and may be asked to provide a follow up statement to highlight how the funds helped the program.
7. Application It is preferable to e-mail your application to email@example.com If you must send by mail, download the application and fill out by hand (attaching essays, reference letters, nomination letters, etc.), and mail to:
OKAEYC-Accreditation Scholarship Committee
Oklahoma City Community College Child Development and Lab School
7777 S. May Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73159